Re: Tired of Waiting

At 10:34 PM 7/14/98 -0700, Roeland M.J. Meyer wrote:
>That is because this digression of your, which you've escalated by bringing
>in Perry, IS NOT ABOUT THE COURT CASE! It's about the fact, seemingly

"bringing in" suggests that I, or someone else, solicited his involvement.
I don't know why you would make such an assertion, but Perry and I have had
no interactions on this topic for some months.

As to "digressions" I don't know what aspect of this you think is a
digression.  I'm trying to point out some difficulties with the assertions
you are making.

Sorry.

>over-looked, and which you and IAHC seem to want to distract folks from,
>that IANA HAD a process for registering TLDs, and the first time someone

To call what IANA had a 'process' is to put it into a level of firmness and
formality which is not matched by the descriptions of many who were involved.

Sorry.

>Now how do you relate this to the IAHC? All I said was that IAHC/CORE
>decided, after the fact, that WEB is "too cool" and took it for themselves.
>That does NOT change the fact that the goal-posts WERE MOVED!

While I realize the comfort that you gain by referring to the IAHC as if a)
it was separate from IANA and b) it somehow sought to "own" something,
neither is true.  The IAHC was an IANA-tasked activity.  Further, the IAHC
had/has no "ownership" because those on the committee a) are mostly no
longer on the committee, b) were people with no vested interested in
registry operations, and c) established a public interest structure rather
than something oriented towards organizational or personal power or profit.

Sorry.

>Sometimes I like you a lot, and other times I want to drop-kick you. You're

Sometimes you attend to the content issues and sometimes you indulge in
rather unprofessional and irrelevant attacks.

Sorry.

d/

Dave Crocker                         USA:                 +1 408 246 8253
Brandenburg Consulting                                   675 Spruce Drive
                                                  Sunnyvale, CA 94086 USA
fax: +1 408 273 6464                 Malaysia:            +60 19 329 9445
<http://www.brandenburg.com>                     Post Office Box 296, UPM
<mailto:dcrocker@brandenburg.com>              Serdang, Selangor 43400 MY