ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[3gtld-guide]

Comments to the DAG

  • To: 3gtld-guide@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Comments to the DAG
  • From: kenneth nahigian <knahigian@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 14:42:23 -0800 (PST)

To Whom It May Concern,

It is as a small business owner that I write to you to request your
organization to unleash the potential of the Internet further than it already
has shown.  As was true at the advent of the Internet, there were some who were
looking to restrain its capability through taxation and restrictions of use.
 But common sense prevailed and the Internet has blossomed into a seemingly
endless medium for opportunity for businesses like mine.  However, the existing
unavailability of desired domain names has dampered small business growth, and
I strongly encourage you to allow for expanded top level domain names.

While many opposed to such expansion have self-interested motives and veil
their agendas with arguments of security and cybersquatting, I believe you have
allowed for these issues to be vetted and determined that it is now time to
move forward.  Businesses like mine cannot wait in perpetuity on DAG iterations
for action on issues like this.

Please finalize this process.  No more DAGs.

Thanks.