ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[alac-forum]

EPP code for transfering domain

  • To: <alac-forum@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: EPP code for transfering domain
  • From: "RT Charron" <sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2006 06:59:01 -0500

Authorization or EPP code

      Q. What is an EPP code?

      A. An Extensible Provisioning Protocol code (also referred to as an
auth code or an EPP code) provides an extra level of security for the domain
name registration. This method is used to verify .org, .info, .biz, .us,
.cn, .com.cn, .net.cn, .org.cn, .cn, .tw, .jp and .in domains only.

      The authorization code is unique for each domain name and is assigned
by the registrar at the time the domain name is registered. A confirmation
of your authorization code is required by the Registry operator in order to
transfer a domain name from one registrar to another.

      Authorization codes must be recovered from your current registrar
prior to initiating the domain name transfer request.

      Contact your current registrar to request your authorization code. For
a complete list of registrars visit http://www.internic.net

Q.My current registrar refuses to send my AUTH code. How do I file a
complaint?

A. If you have supplied valid credentials to your current registrar in an
effort to obtain your authorization code and the registrar refuses your
request, you can use the registrar complaint form.  See
http://reports.internic.net/cgi/registrars/problem-report.cgi

Rick Charron
Rick Charron
http://www.streetdefender.com