ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

RE: [alac] NeuStar

  • To: Sebastián Ricciardi <sricciardi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [alac] NeuStar
  • From: "Siavash Shahshahani" <shahshah@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 13:57:45 +0330 (IRST)

Even at the present price ($1500 for WIPO - a subsidized intergovernmental
organization), I understand that there's little appeal for lawyers and law
firms to get involved. We have had trouble attracting law firms inside our
country to do DRP for our ccTLD at lower prices. This all hurts  the
'little guy' for whom $1500 is meaningful. Perhaps our mandate as ALAC
could include pushing for the creation of public agencies that would
perform this function for those who can't afford it.
Siavash