ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

RE: [alac] wildcard redux

  • To: "'John L'" <johnl@xxxxxxxx>, "'Vittorio Bertola'" <vb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [alac] wildcard redux
  • From: "Roberto Gaetano" <roberto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 14:39:16 +0200

I agree with John.
My opinion is that the Board will never agree on allowing some use of
wildcards, if it has the power to prevent it.
The point currently under discussion in the Board is rather how to restrict
cases in ccTLDs, rather than endorsing further use in gTLDs.
Regards,
Roberto Gaetano
ALAC
ICANN Board Liaison