ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

[alac] Re: Do we care about *.travel ?

  • To: Jean Armour Polly <mom@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [alac] Re: Do we care about *.travel ?
  • From: Vittorio Bertola <vb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 14:35:59 +0200

Jean Armour Polly ha scritto:
John, your reasons are thought-provoking, surely important to end-users. Several I hadn't thought of. Is there anything to add about IDN, non-English, etc?

Now that you raise the point, we should add to our comments that not all users (in fact, just a minority of it) expected to receive a page *in English* by typing that address. Sure, I guess that most of .travel registrants use English in their websites, but nonetheless you can't assume that all users are comfortable in receiving error messages or alternate pages in English. As a minimum, the registry should be prepared to detect the language of the client and serve the pages in the appropriate language.
--
vb. [Vittorio Bertola - v.bertola [a] bertola.eu.org]<-----
http://bertola.eu.org/ <- Prima o poi...