ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

RE: [alac] next Nom Com

  • To: "'ALAC'" <alac@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [alac] next Nom Com
  • From: "Roberto Gaetano" <roberto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 23:09:05 +0200

We could reappoint them only, indeed.
However, I wonder whether we would render a good service to the community by
doing so.
We should solicit new volounteers anyway, there would be nothing wrong in
having somebody else taking over in some regions, maybe to have the older
delegate to serve again in the following year.
Personally, I am in favour of a more dynamic situation, that has not to be
interpreted at all as a lack of confidence in the current ALAC team, but as
an incentive to extend participation.
Also, if we reconfirm the 4 positions we can reconfirm this year, we would
be very well served in 2007, being able to count on an experienced team. But
then, in 2008, we have to face the need of having to replace them all at the
same time.

I wonder whether this is in the best interest of the at large community.

Roberto Gaetano
ALAC
ICANN Board Liaison