ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

RE: [alac] next Nom Com

  • To: "'Wendy Seltzer'" <wendy@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "'ALAC'" <alac@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [alac] next Nom Com
  • From: "Roberto Gaetano" <roberto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 23:09:05 +0200

When I first read this thread, my instinctive answer was: "Of course
Vittorio is right, it will work both ways, incompatibility is
incompatibility, and is a symmetrical relationship".
However, on second thoughts, I think that Wendy is right. The rationale is,
I think, that what the Bylaws try to prevent is that participation to NomCom
provides unduly advantage to candidates to positions that are populated by
NomCom. However, the reverse is not considered dangerous.
We might have different opinions on what should be the case, but the
language seems pretty clear to me. But, IANAL, so I might be wrong. Which
would mean that I have been wrong twice on a single subject!

;>)

Roberto Gaetano
ALAC
ICANN Board Liaison