ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

Re: [alac] GNSO Liaison Report

  • To: Bret Fausett <bfausett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [alac] GNSO Liaison Report
  • From: John L <johnl@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 15:35:58 -0400 (EDT)

3. London School of Economics Report on the GNSO. As many of you know, the
London School of Economics was hired to conduct a thorough overview of the
GNSO and, if necessary, propose changes to make it work better. That report
is under discussion in the GNSO. Earlier this week, we received a report
from the LSE, which has been archived on the GNSO web site as an MP3 file:

The written LSE report mentions in passing that ICANN has too many committees and constituencies and suggests merging many of them, in particular ALAC and NCUC. It also says that orgs and individuals should be able to sign up as consituents so they can lobby or be consulted or something.

Danny Younger called me this morning worried that the board will do the consolidation and ALAC will disappear. I read the report, and that seems a stretch, but it's worth flipping through.

R's,
John