ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[ccnso-idncctld]

RE: [ccnso-idncctld] IDNs

  • To: <ccnso-idncctld@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [ccnso-idncctld] IDNs
  • From: "Edmon Chung" <edmon@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 16:06:33 +0800

Hi Chris,

Based on the discussion on the last few conference calls about Principle E
and that of objection (or I think a better way to describe it may be a
process to facilitate comments), I do not feel that what is drafted
currently could be described as a consensus.

At least in the call yesterday, out of about 6-7 active speakers, at least
3-4 brought out disagreements on the points.  This is consistent with the
previous few conference calls.

Therefore, rather than having reached consensus, I think it maybe better
characterized as having more than one alternative views about the issue.

Edmon