ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-igo-ingo-crp-access-initial-20jan17]

ICAO Comments on the Initial Report on the IGO-INGO Access to Curative Rights Protection Mechanisms Policy Development Process

  • To: "comments-igo-ingo-crp-access-initial-20jan17@xxxxxxxxx" <comments-igo-ingo-crp-access-initial-20jan17@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: ICAO Comments on the Initial Report on the IGO-INGO Access to Curative Rights Protection Mechanisms Policy Development Process
  • From: "Jakob, Arie" <AJakob@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2017 21:24:00 +0000

The International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) strongly supports the
comments submitted by the OECD. We also appreciate the thoughtful intervention
made by WIPO.

Given that the question at hand is being considered in a curative environment
to begin with, we urge the decision makers to properly appreciate IGO's unique
status and global mandate. What has been highlighted by OECD and WIPO should
not be regarded as preferential treatment of sorts but merely as a way forward
towards facilitating a practical and just solution.

Regards,

Arie Jakob
Legal Affairs and External Relations Bureau
ICAO