ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

Comments on proposal

  • To: <comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Comments on proposal
  • From: "David Buirs" <d.buirs@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 10:21:01 +0200

Hi ICANN team,

I read the article on the proposed changes for the WHOIS rules. We, a
monitoring agent for intellectual property rights owners, are facing so much
issues because counterfeiters use WHOIS proxy services, a change would be
very welcome! All the major counterfeit-selling websites use these proxy
services, and none of these services wants to disclose the real information
on the actual website owners. Also, these proxy guys can't be held
accountable for the domain owner, because often they are in Panama or
countries like that.

Also, its very inconsistent that a website that has an incorrect address in
the WHOIS gets blocked when the owner refuses to update it (incorrect WHOIS
report), but a website owner who mentions a random company that has nothing
to do with the website, can keep it that way.

So all in all, it's a very welcome change and we and our clients are all in
favor!

Best regards,

David Buirs

Pointer - disclaimer

Pointer Brand Protection & Research | Tel +31 (0) 20 7162735 I +31 (0)20 30
319 35 | Mobile +31 (0) 643 049 798 |
Naritaweg 106 | 1043 CA, Amsterdam | The Netherlands | Email
<mailto:d.buirs@xxxxxxxxxxxx> d.buirs@xxxxxxxxxxxx|
<http://www.pointerbp.nl|/> www.pointerbp.nl|
---
This message is intended for the exclusive use of the person(s) mentioned as
recipient(s) and may contain personal and/or confidential information. If
you have received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete
this message from your system immediately. If you are not the intended
distribution or taking any action in reliance of the contents of this
information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
---

P please consider the environment before printing this email

JPEG image