ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

Regarding proxy domain owners.

  • To: <comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Regarding proxy domain owners.
  • From: Cyber Unit <cyberunit@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 08:09:48 -0700

Many attorneys have no plan on taking individuals to court and is the reason
they are asking for this, they want to take the easy way out. Since I am a
retired investigator from San Diego California and retired working for defense
attorneys I ask that you deny this request.

It will prevent Attorneys from using what I call “ strong arm tactics “ as 98%
of cases are resolved by this means only. The legal court order simply means
that they have to file a case and use that to send a court order however, if
that is within United Stated jurisdiction and does not apply outside its
jurisdiction boundaries.

There are ways to simple do this and that is send a request to the company
handling the proxy, showing legal status for the information and most will
comply. As for proxy company’s outside the U.S. jurisdiction this can also put
ICANN in a position of legal ramifications if a person has been harmed due to
ICANN releasing someone’s information that had a proxy.

Rest assured with dealing with attorneys as an investigator, most have no
interest in justice just income.

Problem with legal subjects it’s a two way sword, either way someone will end
up damaged if you allow this, simple put attorneys are lazy and always look for
simple way out. Such as the way water flows.

The entertainment industry at this point wants a free for all, as it wants its
cake and eat it to.

Respectfully,

Bill Tiger
571-224-1629