ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[draft-eoi-model]

EOI

  • To: draft-eoi-model@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: EOI
  • From: Conradin Castell <conradin.castell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 14:31:27 +0100

Dear ICANN,

I hereby declare my support for the Expression of Interest model.

The EOI will bring transparency into the upcoming gTLD application process.
It will disclose the top level domains we can expect in the next round and
reveal the scale of the upcoming round. There has been too much uncertainty
surrounding the introduction of new top level domains. The arguments that
have been  brought up in the past surrounding the 4 overarching issues -
stability of the root, demand, malicious behaviour and trademark issues -
have relied heavily on speculation.

 I believe that the information disclosed in the EOI will enable a more
informed and realistic discourse on the processes surrounding the
application round.

Sincerely,

Conradin Castell