ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[draft-eoi-model]

I support EOIs

  • To: draft-eoi-model@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: I support EOIs
  • From: cuoliver@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 23:17:39 -0500

ICANN Board,

I support the Draft Pre-Registration Model. I agree with all the points as proposed especially the $55,000 fee and transparency of all the applications.

Something else that needs to be stated that I haven't seen here is that I respect the trademark position as I believe all new applicants do, however I am unclear why there is such a strong opposition from the same group who is close to concluding solid trademark protections.

In fact, it is my belief that all trademarks will be protected and that trademark concerns have been the primary issue ICANN has fought to resolve. Furthermore, I believe that ICANN has probably spent millions to address this. Therefore, I feel it is a little unfair for them to make ICANN work so hard on trademark protection for new TLDs at the same time they are totally blocking them along with INTA.

Thank you for this opportunity and for your ears. Please be swift in getting EOIs going.

Sincerely,

Christian Oliver