ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-idn-wg]

Re: [gnso-idn-wg] Chair of GNSO IDN working group

  • To: gnso-idn-wg@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-idn-wg] Chair of GNSO IDN working group
  • From: Mawaki Chango <ki_chango@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 07:17:00 -0800 (PST)

Hello Bruce,

thank you for the reminder which is really useful and helpful. I have seen and
appreciated your high commitment in chairing the council in a neutral and
banlanced way. My main point was not that much to isolate the fact of being
involved in the industry, but jointly with prior long standing participation in
the specific debate at hand, from that point of view. In other words, I am not
quite sure if someone like Ram Moham does not have entrenched
positions/opinions from that legacy, which I would see as a hinderance for a
neutral chairing. While the candidate I've nominated is not, as far as I know,
from any specific constituency, and has a good understanding of the issues both
policy-wise and technically, as much as it can be expected from any one of us.
I think I made my point; if nodody else on the WG sees it that way, then I rest
my case.

Regards,

Mawaki