ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-idn-wg]

Re: [gnso-idn-wg] sTLD participation in the IDN space

  • To: "Cary Karp" <ck@xxxxxxxxxx>, owner-gnso-idn-wg@xxxxxxxxx, gnso-idn-wg@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-idn-wg] sTLD participation in the IDN space
  • From: marilynscade@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 16:34:34 +0000

I think in fact as i understand, the existing sponsored strings did expect to
represent that string fully. Thus, given there a few sponsored names at
present, I wonder if the statements made earlier that the previous sponsored
strings may be uniquely treated  are not valid, and that new strings can have
different rules, as should the open, unrestricted present strings. But please
keep in mind the need for a string NOT to be confusingly similar to an existing
string.
Regards,
Marilyn Cade