ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-idn-wg]

Re: [gnso-idn-wg] Addition to Section 4.2.1

  • To: "Alexei Sozonov" <sozon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-idn-wg] Addition to Section 4.2.1
  • From: "Maniam s" <maniam01@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 08:37:29 +0800

Dear All,
I agree to this point too, and think these suggested additions are acceptable.

On 3/19/07, Alexei Sozonov <sozon@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Regarding 4.2.1...

From the Cyrillic/Russian community we're supporting Yoav with this
change...

Alexei Sozonov

----- Original Message ----- From: Yoav Keren To: gnso-idn-wg@xxxxxxxxx Sent: Sunday, March 18, 2007 3:28 PM Subject: [gnso-idn-wg] Addition to Section 4.2.1

Ram, Olof, all,

  The issue in section 4.2.1 is an issue that was probably brought up during
a call that I have missed. First I would like to state my own support for
this view. Second, I think we should elaborate a little more and add more
examples and clarification to this point. I would like to offer the
following wording, which is the original one with two short additions marked
between 3 stars:

  Support for considering local/regional pre-existing developments regarding
IDN gTLDs, for example, the experimental IDN system run by the Arab League,
***China and other countries in a smaller scale*** when considering
introduction of new IDN gTLDs, ***to avoid potential confusion/backlash.***

  Thanks,

  Yoav