ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-idn-wg]

Re: [gnso-idn-wg] Addition to Section 4.2.1

  • To: "Yoav Keren" <yoav@xxxxxxxx>, <gnso-idn-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-idn-wg] Addition to Section 4.2.1
  • From: "Alexei Sozonov" <sozon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 17:28:12 -0800

Regarding 4.2.1...

>From the Cyrillic/Russian community we're supporting Yoav with this change...

Alexei Sozonov

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Yoav Keren
  To: gnso-idn-wg@xxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Sunday, March 18, 2007 3:28 PM
  Subject: [gnso-idn-wg] Addition to Section 4.2.1

  Ram, Olof, all,

  The issue in section 4.2.1 is an issue that was probably brought up during a
call that I have missed. First I would like to state my own support for this
view. Second, I think we should elaborate a little more and add more examples
and clarification to this point. I would like to offer the following wording,
which is the original one with two short additions marked between 3 stars:

  Support for considering local/regional pre-existing developments regarding
IDN gTLDs, for example, the experimental IDN system run by the Arab League,
***China and other countries in a smaller scale*** when considering
introduction of new IDN gTLDs, ***to avoid potential confusion/backlash.***

  Thanks,

  Yoav