ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-idn-wg]

RE: [gnso-idn-wg] Addition to Section 4.2.1

  • To: "Hong Xue" <hongxueipr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-idn-wg] Addition to Section 4.2.1
  • From: "Yoav Keren" <yoav@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 09:59:32 +0200

Dear Hong,

I am OK with this change.

Best,

Yoav

________________________________

From: Hong Xue [mailto:hongxueipr@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, March 19, 2007 1:40 AM
To: Yoav Keren
Cc: gnso-idn-wg@xxxxxxxxx

Dear Yoav,

Thanks for raising this point. I second your suggestion and recommend to
paraphrase it a bit further.

Section 4.2.1

Support for considering local/regional pre-existing developments
regarding IDN gTLDs, for example, the experimental IDN system developed
by the Arab League, ***Chinese language community and other communities
in a smaller scale*** when considering introduction of new IDN gTLDs,
***to avoid potential confusion/backlash.***

Hong, ALAC Liaison