ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-idn-wg]

RE: [gnso-idn-wg] Asciish

  • To: "'Cary Karp'" <ck@xxxxxxxxxx>, <gnso-idn-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-idn-wg] Asciish
  • From: "olof nordling" <olof.nordling@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 20:39:20 +0100

Cary and all,
According to Wikipedia (perhaps not a "linguistic source", but anyway) it is
indeed neither: " ASCII (American Standard Code for Information Interchange),
generally pronounced [ËÃski], is a character encoding based on the English
alphabet. ASCII codes represent text in computers, communications equipment,
and other devices that work with text."
More on: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ascii and
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASCII_%28disambiguation%29
Best regards