ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-idn-wg]

Re: [gnso-idn-wg] 4.2.4

  • To: "GNSO.SECRETARIAT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, gnso-idn-wg@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-idn-wg] 4.2.4
  • From: Tan Tin Wee <tinwee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 10:53:27 +0800

I agree with Sophia,
in terms of developing policy of general applicability regarding
geo-political aspects, the input from the language community
is crucial, and for me, it means that the general applicability
can be matched by local deployability. No point adopting a
policy which can be generally applied, but useless locally.

Move it to a support category please!
bestrgds
tw

subbiah wrote:
I think this is reasonable and would support it.

Subbiah

Sophia B wrote:

Dear All,
4.4.2 I would like to add a clause to the current 'Alternative view' so that it reads as follows:

Alternative view; to develop a set of circumstance-dependent policies, with input from a relevant language community on a case by case basis.
Also, if there was enough support/agreement, we could possibly move this to a Support category.
Sophia