ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc]

RE: [gnso-osc] Summary of Observations Concerning Final Report

  • To: "Metalitz, Steven" <met@xxxxxxx>, "Ron Andruff" <randruff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <gnso-osc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-osc] Summary of Observations Concerning Final Report
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 18:55:56 -0500

Thanks Steve.

Chuck

________________________________

        From: Metalitz, Steven [mailto:met@xxxxxxx]
        Sent: Monday, November 23, 2009 6:41 PM
        To: Gomes, Chuck; Ron Andruff; gnso-osc@xxxxxxxxx
        Subject: RE: [gnso-osc] Summary of Observations Concerning Final
Report

        I am OK with the document prepared by Ken.  In my review, the
two biggest gaps in the final report are item 3(b) (cross SO/AC
communications) (as noted by Ron below) and item 4(d), where as pointed
out there is not much of an explicit focus on use of  communications in
recruitment of volunteers to participate in working groups.  It may be
that these gaps could be pretty easily filled by the CCT, since it
strikes me that implementation of the other recommendations would help
in both areas.

        Since we seem to think that the website recommendations are in
pretty good shape, is there any reason why we could not ask staff simply
to carve those out of the report and send them along to the GNSO council
as a first phase of the CCT report?  It was not clear to me just what we
would be asking the CCT to do with this part of the report.   If we
think it is basically ready then why shouldn't it move forward?

        Thanks to Ken for pulling this material together and to my OSC
colleagues for their close reading of the CCT report.

        Steve Metalitz