ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc]

Re: [gnso-osc] OSC Letter to CCT -- Draft v5

  • To: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-osc] OSC Letter to CCT -- Draft v5
  • From: Stéphane Van Gelder <stephane.vangelder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 12:06:14 +0100

To be honest, I think the sentence "Encourage the understanding of opposing
perspectives, while maintaining a spirit of cooperation and civility" does
highlight a spirit of tolerance. It's true that the word isn't in there, but I
think Chuck and Ken did a good job of trying to bring together all positions
and then of taking a decision so as to get things moving forwards. That is
never easy to do when dealing with a group of different opinions, as we all
know. I therefore appreciate the leadership displayed here. I have followed the
various discussions on this topic without wading in, and I do think there's a
genuine attempt in the resulting proposal to try and carry most opinions over
in the fairest, truest, way.

Thanks,

Stéphane