ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-pednr-dt]

RE: [gnso-pednr-dt] Updated version of PEDNR Final Report posted

  • To: Tim Ruiz <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "marika.konings@xxxxxxxxx" <marika.konings@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-pednr-dt] Updated version of PEDNR Final Report posted
  • From: Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 14:10:11 -0400

The "If more than two..." sentence adds a few things:

- it makes it clear that were are not restricting registrars to just two messages; - the "comparable" might give just a bit of wriggle-room on the timing if there are multiple messages sent. Although it would be up to compliance to judge, perhaps a message at day 11 and another at day 3 would be deemed "comparable" to one at day 7±3.

Originally there was an exception policy proposed which would allow registrars to substitute other timing that would still meet the "give the registrant fair notice" requirement but would fit other business models, but the registrars on the WG (supported by others) felt that it was not necessary and would unnecessarily make things more complex and possibly confusing to registrants.

Alan