ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Proposed Addendum to Proposals

  • To: "'Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx'" <Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Proposed Addendum to Proposals
  • From: Volker Greimann - Key-Systems GmbH <vgreimann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 18:42:21 +0200

Alan, chiming in on that, I noticed Key-Systems being named as not in compliance, casting doubt on the method of gathering this data in my view. Key-Systems and other registrars listed in this article are in full compliance with ICANN regulations regarding Whois availability. As Jeff said, ICANN also checks up on compliance regularly and enforces compliance.

I do not give much credit to the accuracy of this "review". Whom did the author direct his request at with the relevant registrars? Did he follow up on requests for further information? I think not, as the author writes that any such request was immediately classified as non-compliance. With that kind of research methods, I can get you any result you desire.

Volker Greimann
Alan - Port 43 monitoring and compliance is an issue that I know ICANN monitors
constantly in an automated fashion and enforces regularly. It is a topic I have
spoken to them at length about and know the details of.
I think before we make any judgment on their ability and the work they do we should ask them about it. Making a judgment based on an unverified, non-reviewed story by someone in CircleID is not proof that there is a problem, especially from this author.