ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

[gnso-vi-feb10] "atoms" survey

  • To: Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [gnso-vi-feb10] "atoms" survey
  • From: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 15:07:34 -0500

hi all,

here's a link to the "atoms" poll.  it's not perfect, but fits nicely in the
"close enough" category for me.  please take a few minutes to fill it out
before Brussels.

        http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Q78JZYC

here's a little blurb that i wrote for the first page of the survey;

This is a poll that is trying to discover areas of agreement across the topics
listed in the headings of our proposal matrix. In the language of consensus
decision-making, this is a "call for consensus" in which we give ourselves the
opportunity to make our views known to the rest of the group. Or, to use our
informal language, this is a way to identify "atoms" around which we may be
able to find agreement.

This is not a "vote" -- we will not use these results to summarize our views
for somebody else. It will not be used as a substitute for consensus. It is
only intended as a tool to help us find areas where we may be able to **reach**
consensus during our meetings in Brussels.

thanks all,  see you in Brussels.

mikey

phone   651-647-6109
fax             866-280-2356