ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] Re: Comment on Vertical Integration

  • To: michele@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] Re: Comment on Vertical Integration
  • From: "Tim Ruiz" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 09:28:48 -0700

Michele, I stand corrected. I should have said the longstanding policy
of the 15% limitation, which is now part of all existing gTLD agreements
including .pro.

Your arguments regarding why consensus can't be reached are of course
self-serving. It's interesting how various stakeholders will poo poo
consensus when it can't be reached for one of their pet concerns. But
the bottom up consensus process is a key element of what makes ICANN
work. If we start trying to throw that out when the result doesn't serve
one special interest or another it undermines any confidence in ICANN,
IMHO.

Tim