ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[org-tld-agreement]

Re: [ga] The End of Domain Tasting and its Consequences

  • To: info-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx, org-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx, icann board address <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] The End of Domain Tasting and its Consequences
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 02:15:43 -0700

Eric and all former DNSO GA members or other interested parties and
stakeholders/users,

  Many proposals/paradigm's have been offered from several different
interested stakeholders/users groups, but all but those offered early on

in ICANN's history by a "Self chosen few" were rejected or largely
ignored.  Hence when the deck is stacked from the get go, defining
of issues in a cooperative manner with all interested parties and
stakeholders/users, meaning registrants, and users/non registrants,
a useful decision structure by which broadly acceptable set of "Rules"
cannot be reasonably determined.  If as Vint once expounded proudly
and IMHO correctly, "the internet is for everyone", than ICANN's
kings must bow to the will of those same interested parties and
stakeholders/users, lest these kings be dethroned in disgrace,
and in their wake leave a mess of bad "Rules" which serve only
the few and have bread distrust and destruction on a grand and
very diverse scale.  Here is where ICANN to date has taken us all,
and unless arrested, will drag most current registrants and
users for some years to come.

  So Dr. Dierker, please do not be so hard on Danny, as he has it
mostly right in his stated remarks below...

Regards,
--
Jeffrey A. Williams
   Abraham Lincoln

P: i.e., whether B is less than PL."
Updated 1/26/04
ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827