ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[pdp-pcceg-feb06]

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Re: [pdp-pcceg-feb06] GNSO PDP Feb 06: Proposed Work Plan

• To: "Nevett, Jonathon" <jnevett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [pdp-pcceg-feb06] GNSO PDP Feb 06: Proposed Work Plan
  • Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 09:52:49 +0200

Jon

Sorry -- I wasn't clear enough. If you look at the 20 October date -- there's information there about whether the Council may choose to hear from independent experts (that part is specifically taken from the PDP guidelines).

On the call I thought it was clear that we would do the work with the expert materials first and then consider the necessity (from the whole TF perspective) of hearing from live experts.

The much more detailed expert materials are in preparation -- today is the deadline for anyone who wants to submit any further suggestions to me about materials. I haven't received anything further since the teleconference.

I hope that helps -- of course, let me know if you need anything further.

Kind regards.

Liz

Liz Williams
Senior Policy Counselor
ICANN - Brussels
+32 2 234 7874 tel
+32 2 234 7848 fax
+32 497 07 4243 mob

On 15 Aug 2006, at 22:29, Nevett, Jonathon wrote:

Liz: Where does advice from independent experts fit into the work plan? It is important that we hear from experts who are looking at these specific factual and legal questions. I haven’t seen anything very helpful in existing expert materials. Thanks. Jon

From: owner-pdp-pcceg-feb06@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-pdp-pcceg- feb06@xxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Liz Williams
Sent: Friday, August 11, 2006 6:38 AM
To: pdp-pcceg-feb06@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [pdp-pcceg-feb06] GNSO PDP Feb 06: Proposed Work Plan

Colleagues

I have set out below my understanding of where the group had agreement from yesterday's call. During the call, no motions were agreed and the minutes will only reflect tentative discussions.

Work plan

16 August 2006: Final edits to be sent on Preliminary Taskforce Report. Please include "impact on constituency analysis" and please provide specific text change suggestions.

16 August 2006: Final deadline for submission of suggestions for expert materials

23 August 2006: Distribution of expert materials for consideration by the TF

21 September 2006: Proposed date for next teleconference - agenda will be sent 7 days prior to the call. Call designed to discuss expert materials and impact on drafting of Preliminary Taskforce Report. Note that this is after the already scheduled Amsterdam meetings and after the regular GNSO Council call on 14 September.

28 September 2006: Release completed Preliminary Taskforce Report and begin 20 day public comment period

10 October 2006:  Public comment period closes

20 October 2006: Release of Final Report to GNSO Council -- please note section 10 of PDP guidelines which refers to Council deliberation and, if the Council chooses, hearing of expert advisors

30 October 2006: GNSO Council meets to discuss Final Report. Incorporation of any final commentary.

3 November 2006:  Release of Board Report.

Note that these dates reflect the PDP guidelines as they stand.

I would appreciate a formal motion being passed to agree this schedule. This can be done by email. Note section 11 of the current PDP guidelines that require minuting of all decisions for incorporation into the Board Report.

In addition, I would also appreciate a motion that would approve the minutes of the previous call -- please consult those minutes if you were present at the meeting so that you can vote to accept those minutes before our next teleconference.

Of course, any questions or comments, let me know.

Liz

Liz Williams

Senior Policy Counselor

ICANN - Brussels

+32 2 234 7874 tel

+32 2 234 7848 fax

+32 497 07 4243 mob

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy