ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[revised-biz-info-org-agreements]

A Cautious Approach Benefits Everyone

  • To: <revised-biz-info-org-agreements@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: A Cautious Approach Benefits Everyone
  • From: "Joel Neuenhaus" <jneuenhaus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 03:42:51 -0500

What makes the internet such a revolutionary tool are barriers that it
breaks down. The small business owner, young entrepreneurs and people
struggling in developing countries around the world have finally been given
an opportunity to lift themselves up by their bootstraps and create a better
life through this groundbreaking new medium.

I implore you, please do not permit the unnecessary raising of these
barriers. While free markets are a great tool, we do not have perfect
information regarding most of the issues surrounding them. Therefore, it is
left up to our own intellect as to when they should (and must) be regulated.

Please keep your commitments to conducting an independent study prior to
enacting any new registry agreement as well as creating a process that has
more transparency and accountability.
Thank you,
J. Neuenhaus