ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[revised-settlement]

Re: CORE and .Net Re-Bid

  • To: revised-settlement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: CORE and .Net Re-Bid
  • From: "Marcus Faure" <marcus.faure@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 13:48:43 +0100 (CET)

Hello,

CORE has fully forwarded the price reduction. CORE offers .com .net
.org domain at registry price plus a fixed margin which is the same
for all TLDs.

However, I know that not all registrars have acted like that and that
some kept the price reduction in their own pocket. This is because
.com is the dominating market driver. You can be sure that if there is
a price reduction in .com, all registrars will be pressed to reduce
their consumer pricing respectively. This is called competition. This
is what we do not have in the registry business should the deal be
signed.

Yours,
Marcus Faure
CORE Council of Registrars