ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[settlement-comments]

please " read well " & do not increase the .com prices !

  • To: settlement-comments@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: please " read well " & do not increase the .com prices !
  • From: kokillennium <kokillennium@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 22:10:58 +0200

hello,
dear icann.org
i have heard about the new agreement of icann with verisign to raise
the price of .com 7 % per year ..
i am really upset from this new agreement & my business will be
affected for sure with that " un-fair " decision ..
before i show what will happen to my business, i just wanna put a hint
under ur eyes that .com domains are the most popular in the middle
east & especially egypt where i live .. & these markets are still
young & big market really & anyway the registeration for .com domains
are growing rapidly every year by more than 5 % as i knew from the net
sources & i do not know why u will choose the hard way !
why to lose these 5 % of growth rate in the domains registeration &
gain 7 % in the price ! this 7 % will not be cover the decrease in the
registeration rate for the .com domains with time since the domains
will be more expensive & alot of business might move from .com to
another kind of domains like .net or .org .. plus, after while so,
please please do not agree on this agreement !
i'm reseller in egypt for hosting & domains & i had about 20 domains
.com now & i'm sure that any increase in the prices now will make my
clients refuse to renew about 40 % of these 20 domains plus i might
fail to get any new clients for the .com domains !
want ex. ? i'm the owner of hostera.com & monymobileservice.com &
gsmsupportonline.com & others .. !!

notice that 1 $ = 6 LE in egypt " our national currency ! " & the
increase in will really affect my sales of the .com domains !
so, please work for our benefit ! & do not make non-sense increase in
the prices for nothing !

thanks ... & hope that icann will protect the net users from such increase

--
best regards,