ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[settlement-comments]

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Re: ICANN-Verisign Settlement

• To: settlement-comments@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: ICANN-Verisign Settlement
  • Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 13:11:42 -0500

To whom it may concern,

My name is Lucy Duchesne and I own Yowling Inc. I have been serving the internet community since 2003.

I am deeply concerned facing the possible reality of having one company like Verisign gain a virtual monopoly of the .dotcom registry along with outrageous terms.

Why would ICANN give Verisign the right to increase prices by 7% per year while prices are going doing for all TLD's around the world? Why would you double current registrar fees knowing that such price increases will be passed on to customers damaging the reputation of millions of businesses worldwide?

How does this make any sense?

ICANN has already indicated in the past that they would most likely win their lawsuit against Verisign. Even in the worst case settlement, no jury would award the kind of judgement ICANN is offering on a silver platter to Verisign.

Please, reconsider your decision before it is too late. Don't wreck the .dotcom registry simply to make a lawsuit go away.

Raising .dotcom prices will force us to promote all other TLD's over the .com domain. The price increase will simply not make it viable for us to continue to sell .com domains.

Concerned in Canada,

Lucy Duchesne
Yowling Inc.

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy