ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[settlement-comments]

settlement

  • To: settlement-comments@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: settlement
  • From: "Denevan O'Connell" <denevano@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 08:16:14 -0800 (PST)

I saw an earlier comment on this board that labeled
the price increase a ?toll? to get onto the Internet.
Unfortunately, that is typical thinking. Everyone
wants the Internet to have no downtime at all and be
able to meet the growing traffic from email, websites
and e-commerce (especially during this holiday
season), and like everything else, everyone wants this
for free!! Everyday hundreds of millions of people use
the Internet and pay next to nothing to do so. I bet
these same people who complain about a ?toll? would
beside themselves if the internet went down or it
slowed.

http://mail.yahoo.com