ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[settlement-comments]

Pro-VeriSign "cookie-cutter" posting ( was Re: [ga] RE: Input from Public Relations Firms)

  • To: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>, "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Pro-VeriSign "cookie-cutter" posting ( was Re: [ga] RE: Input from Public Relations Firms)
  • From: George Kirikos <gkirikos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 13:24:15 -0800 (PST)

Yes, Danny, the same thing happened in the WLS debate:

http://forum.icann.org/wls/

where there were a lot of questionable pro-VeriSign postings, and we
managed to trace a lot of them to the state of Oregon (where SnapNames
is located, lol).

The individual messages on that WLS forum page seem to have been
deleted! Is ICANN censoring the debate again??!!??

However, I had made a mirror at:

http://www.antiwls.com/icannwlsforum/forum.icann.org/wls/index.html

e.g. one can see a couple of Mike Mann's post at:

http://www.antiwls.com/icannwlsforum/forum.icann.org/cgi-bin/rpgmessage2f74.html?wls;3D1157E800000064

http://www.antiwls.com/icannwlsforum/forum.icann.org/cgi-bin/rpgmessagea3b3.html?wls;3D123FAD0000007F

Or others caught at:

http://www.antiwls.com/icannwlsforum/forum.icann.org/cgi-bin/rpgmessage792c.html?wls;3D1167760000006A

http://www.antiwls.com/icannwlsforum/forum.icann.org/cgi-bin/rpgmessage353e.html?wls;3D18CDFA000000D9

or my own analysis at:

http://www.antiwls.com/icannwlsforum/forum.icann.org/cgi-bin/rpgmessage5dad.html?wls;3D1175840000006C

WLS *still* hasn't launched, even though the process was corrupt and
ICANN's Board signed off on it, despite the GNSO Super Majority
Consensus against it. Must suck to be VeriSign, that the "little guys"
made a difference in stopping their abusive monopoly behaviour, since
it was proposed by VeriSign in 2001, and it is now nearly 2006! :)

VeriSign needs to learn some new tricks....stuffing comment forums with
spin is sooooo 2002ish.

Sincerely,

George Kirikos
http://www.kirikos.com/