ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[settlement-comments]

Settlement!

  • To: <settlement-comments@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Settlement!
  • From: "Bolin, Vanessa J." <Vanessa.Bolin@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 15:04:26 -0500

I think it is great that VeriSign and ICANN have come to a resolution.
I am a budget analyst responsible for providing budget estimates for DoD
operations several years out.  It seems logical that the price of
maintaining a domain name would creep to keep up with business costs.  I
do not think that the projected increase is escalated or out of line
with inflation.   It seems to me the bigger issue to keep our eyes on
who maintains control of the internet.

Vanessa