ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[settlement-comments]

.com Registry Settlement Comments

  • To: <settlement-comments@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: .com Registry Settlement Comments
  • From: "David Hansen" <dhansen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 12:59:55 -0500

To Whom It May Concern:

The Buckeye Institute for Public Policy Solutions is a research and
educational non-profit located in Columbus, Ohio.  We produce research
and commentary representing the viewpoint of limited government and
greater economic freedom in several policy areas including technology.

Our interest in technology lies in its impact on economic development in
the US and Ohio.  We have reviewed the VeriSign/ICANN settlement and
urge its adoption by the ICANN board.  The proposal squares the future
functioning of the .com registry with the principles of free market
determination with independent sector oversight.  Our research has
consistently confirmed that when these principles are honored by
institutional policies and behavior more growth and prosperity for are
realized by our constituents than under any other policy regime.  Our
research has consistently found litigation to be a particularly
inefficient method of research allocation - not only is the proposal
valuable in its own right, but it is a far superior solution to court
resolution of the disputes at hand.

Sincerely,

David J. Hansen

David J. Hansen

President

The Buckeye Institute for Public Policy Solutions

88 East Broad Street; Suite 1120; Columbus, Ohio 43215

614.224.4422 office; 614.783.0309 cell

dhansen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx --- www.buckeyeinstitute.org

JPEG image