ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-mapo]

Re: [soac-mapo] lawsuits

  • To: soac-mapo@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [soac-mapo] lawsuits
  • From: Richard Tindal <richardtindal@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 10:13:52 -0700

Hi Robin,

I've seen the issue of lawsuits mentioned a couple of times on the list.  As a
layperson I thought only (some) Governments could be sued for censorship.  I
thought a private US corporation could not be.

Could you clarify the basis under which ICANN might be sued if, say, I applied
for .POO and ICANN denied it on morality grounds.

Many thanks

Richard