ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-mapo]

Re: [soac-mapo] OK, so what happens next?

  • To: soac-mapo@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [soac-mapo] OK, so what happens next?
  • From: Cheryl Langdon-Orr <langdonorr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 09:06:33 +1000

Please see my (minor additional comments <CLO> inline below Chucks as well)

Cheryl Langdon-Orr
(CLO)

On 19 August 2010 06:26, Gomes, Chuck <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Please see my responses below Avri.
>
> Chuck

<CLO>  I will be asking ALAC to endorse the ToR's at our meeting Tue any
way

> [Gomes, Chuck] >  And is it
> > correct to assume that it is the 3 chairs who are creating the
> original
> > TOR?  Or is this something being produced by some other entity.
> [Gomes, Chuck] To get a jump start on the ToR and hopefully help us
> start discussing the implementation issues more quickly, the three of us
> are creating the first draft.

 <CLO>  Yup

> > Also what does it mean to be a key participant.  I ask especially
> > relevant to the GNSO.  How are these key participants being
> designated?
> [Gomes, Chuck] Probably a poor use of terms, but essentially the leaders
> of the three organizations and some ICANN staff were invited to
> participate in an evaluation of the draft ToR.  Staff was invited for
> support purposes.

 <CLO>  I asked the ALAC ExCom to join me in this for example

> > Finally, are the 3 SOAC chairs, planing to act as the co-chairs of
> this
> > group?
> [Gomes, Chuck] The draft ToR calls for the three chairs or their
> designees to co-chair the discussion team.

 <CLO>  Yes  and we also ask for the AC/SO to appoint a Liaison etc.,
(another matter for our ALAC Agenda Tue) in keeping with the draft
WG Procedures under consideration in the GNSO at the moment...

 <CLO>  I finally want to point out that not only should all those on the
SOAC-mapo list  be assumed to be a WG participant (subject to thier
confirmation  etc., but that we also need to reach out to At-Large and
of course further into the GNSO Constituencies to encourage more keen
involvement as well as be joined by  the GAC (who may join as a whole I
believe) so do spread the word that a call for WG / DC Membership  => either
confirmation or addition  I assume will  be going out as well and needs to
be promulgated widely...  IMO