ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-mapo]

Re: [soac-mapo] RE: Initial Draft ToR for Recommendation 6 Implementation Discussion

  • To: soac-mapo@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [soac-mapo] RE: Initial Draft ToR for Recommendation 6 Implementation Discussion
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 17:59:29 -0700

Hi,

Thanks for this.

I am not all that fussy on who the chartering organization is, or on how many
there are, or on what process they use to charter the group.

I think it is also possible for a group to self charter.  And then to pass on
recommendation through letter to the Board just as any outside group can come
together to make a recommendation.  But if we are to be in any sense a formal
ICANN group, we need either the chartering voice of the relevant ACs and Sos,
or we need the board.

I also think it possible for the group to get down to work even if the
bureaucracy has not had enough time to grind the process yet.  I.e. starting
discussions and getting the appropriate imprimatur can be done simultaneously I
think.

a.