ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-mapo]

RE: [soac-mapo] On "universal resolvability" and useful questions that emerged yesterday

  • To: "Jon Nevett" <jon@xxxxxxxxxx>, Stéphane Van Gelder <stephane.vangelder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [soac-mapo] On "universal resolvability" and useful questions that emerged yesterday
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 14:49:35 -0400

I want to reinforce Jon's last statement: " I recognize that any process that
would deny a string on grounds related to the repugnancy of the string name
itself is repugnant to many members of the group.  By approving Recommendation
6, however, that ship has sailed.  Let's work hard on coming up with a
compromise that we can live with vs. re-arguing the merits of Recommendation 6.
 I believe that is our charter."

Chuck