ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-mapo]

Re: [soac-mapo] On "universal resolvability" and useful questions that emerged yesterday

  • To: soac-mapo <soac-mapo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [soac-mapo] On "universal resolvability" and useful questions that emerged yesterday
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 23:16:12 -0400

Hi,

Even if we can find duelings attorney to say that 'my notion has merit'/'my
notion does not have merit',
I still think it is a good idea for the Board to get some external advise
before making their decision.

Apologies, but i grew up in a house of lawyers.  i know that every legal
discussion has it opposite legal arguments until you get to supreme courts,
national tribunals, panels of supreme jurists, and international courts of
justice etc... - where some "hyper-respected" jurist gets to decide which
interpretation they like best.  In this case, I say get that kind of advice
before having the Board make a decision.

I am not sure why you would object to getting serious device. I still argue for
leaving the _decision_ to the Board, I just think it should be a well informed
Board, and I think there should be a formalism to define at least one method by
which that Board becomes well informed.  A standard and public way.

a.