ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-mapo]

Re: [soac-mapo] Another proposal for discussion...

  • To: soac-mapo <soac-mapo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [soac-mapo] Another proposal for discussion...
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 10:17:59 -0400

Hi,

I am also inclined toward the proposal, though I would be concerned about
adding 'sensitive' as Stuart suggests.

In terms of the appeal, that is one of the missing pieces.

It seems that if the appeal is external, then it needs to be binding
arbitration between the Board and some group.  What group?

Is there a possible way in which an appeal could be constructed that gives the
ALAC, ccNSO, GAC and GNSO a means whereby they could establish the group that
would be appellant - i.e. if at least 3 out of 4 agreed with the appeal, they
would nominate interlocutors (e.g. 1 per SOAC) to go into binding arbitration
with the Board.

a.