ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-mapo]

Re: [soac-mapo] Independent Objector

  • Subject: Re: [soac-mapo] Independent Objector
  • From: "Mary Wong" <Mary.Wong@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2010 23:46:59 -0400

To the extent that an IO role is recommended/retained by this CWG, I would urge
that there be a clear and specific recommendation regarding his/her
accountability, e.g. term limits, removal and appeal procedures etc. Given our
time crunch, these may have to remain mere suggestions but I for one - and I
suspect many in NCSG as well - would be VERY hesitant to support an IO process
where explicit safeguards are not at least recommended.

Thanks,
Mary

Mary W S Wong
Professor of Law
Chair, Graduate IP Programs
UNIVERSITY OF NEW HAMPSHIRE SCHOOL OF LAWTwo White StreetConcord, NH
03301USAEmail: mary.wong@xxxxxxx.eduPhone: 1-603-513-5143Webpage:
http://www.law.unh.edu/marywong/index.phpSelected writings available on the
Social Science Research Network (SSRN) at: http://ssrn.com/author=437584