ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-mapo]

Re: [soac-mapo] FW: First Draft of Initial Report

  • To: "soac-mapo@xxxxxxxxx" <soac-mapo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [soac-mapo] FW: First Draft of Initial Report
  • From: Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond <ocl@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2010 23:28:33 +0200

> 1.    Current vocation, employer and position

Managing Director of Global Information Highway Ltd, a limited liability
private company incorporated in England and Wales.
I am also a member of the English Chapter of the Internet Society.

> 2.    Type of work performed in #1 above

My company provides sub-contracting technical services for IP networks
(both intra-nets and Internet) as well as technical and strategic
consultancy on next generation networking to worldwide clients. It also
supports the export of refurbished telecommunications equipment to
developing countries. I run it whilst resorting to contractors for the
hands-on work.

> 3.    Identify any financial ownership or senior management/leadership
> interest in registries, registrars or other firms that are interested
> parties in ICANN policy or any entity with which ICANN has a
> transaction, contract, or other arrangement.

None.

> 4.    Identify any type of commercial or non-commercial interest in
> ICANN GNSO policy development processes and outcomes. Are you
> representing other parties? Describe any arrangements/agreements
> between you and any other group, constituency or person(s) regarding
> your nomination/selection as a work team member. Describe any tangible
> or intangible benefit that you receive from participation in such
> processes. For example, if you are an academic or NGO and use your
> position to advance your ability to participate, this should be a part
> of the statement of interest, just as should employment by a
> contracted party, or a business relationship with a non- contracted
> party who has an interest in policy outcomes.

No direct financial interest. I just like to keep my ear to the ground
whilst doing my part to ensure ICANN's stability, thus defending the
multi-stakeholder ICANN model. Ultimately, my business benefits from a
stable user-centric Internet ecosystem.

> 5.   Are you a member of a GNSO Constituency / Stakeholder Group, and
> if yes, which one(s)?

No. I am a secretary of At Large's EURALO. I only speak on my behalf.

--
Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond, PhD
http://www.gih.com/ocl.html