ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[stld-rfp-travel]

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

.travel TLD

• To: <stld-rfp-travel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: .travel TLD
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 09:47:46 -0700

As a successful business for over 26 years, Irvine Travel has seen the change in it's core operating business migrate from a phone based to an Internet based system.  Since it's inception the WWW has proved immensely critical to the daily operation of any travel agency in the U.S. and am sure abroad was well.
To date there has been not WWW recognition of TRAVEL as a viable top level domain for certified travel agencies.  This has been an oversight and which ignores all travel agencies, travel management companies, airlines, hotel and car chains, and leisure product providers such as Cruise/Tour operators.  The travel industry is known to be the 2nd/3rd most controllable expense in business expense today - yet it's significance is not reflected in the "dot com" world.
It is becoming increasingly more difficult for travel industry agents to identify themselves via their email/Web presence.  With proper certification from IATAN (International Airlines Travel Agent Network) or ARC (Airlines Reporting Corporation) or any other viable resource a real travel service provider could establish a presence and would be easily  identifiable to clients/vendors and business associates.
To this end I purchased a .TRAVEL domain from New.net, Inc. in anticipation of ICANN encouraging the implementation of .TRAVEL as a TLD.
They have been helpful and extremely supportive - I would not want to be forced to re-register my domain at my cost because of failed agreements between ICANN or New.net.  I would prefer to have my domain grandfathered into the new ICANN TLD's.  If this requires some kind of certification, I would be happy to pursue this avenue to guarantee the TLD is not abused.

Thanks

Max Noxon

The Irvine Travel Company
Max Noxon
IT Management
1526 Brookhollow Drive, Suite 83
Santa Ana, CA.  92705

max@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
714-549-9204 x209
714-557-9153 Fax
www.GoIrvineTravel.com

The Irvine Travel Company