ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[whois-comments]

WHOIS Protection Must Stay

  • To: whois-comments@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: WHOIS Protection Must Stay
  • From: "Jeremy O" <cyberwsco@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 17:59:45 -0500

To whom it may concern,

I would like to voice my opinion of the WHOIS information flux at ICANN.  I
feel it is important that ICANN uphold WHOIS protection models for the
general public Internet.  While I can understand some of the opposition's
concerns the overall picture of general theft, spying and other malicious
activities that happen day by day on the Internet should be acknowledge.
Unfortunately on the Internet many activities are designed to cheat and
steal information.  Identity theft of individuals has become a major
business.  I strongly support the continuation of protect WHOIS information
for general registration.  Surely ICANN recognizes this issue on the
Internet.  Destroying WHOIS protection model via a Registrar will only
further information abuse issues.  Those who are dishonest will still create
fake information regardless.  Please do not make it worse for those that are
honest.

Respectfully,

Jeremy OConnell