ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

My feelings towards .xxx

  • To: xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: My feelings towards .xxx
  • From: "scott dulne" <scottybuzz88@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 22:50:05 +0000

Hello,

I am an adult webmaster and I'm writing you to let you know that I am
strongly opposed the .xxx domain name.

While it sounds that the ICM Registry has good intensions, it is a clearly
monetary driven proposal. The propesed ICM domain ending has very
minimal support in the adult webmaster community - the responsile part of
our community fully supports self regulation, but we don't want to be
regulated by outside companies, with no relations to our community. Because
quite frankly they have limited knowledge on how things work and when you
mix two industries who do not know eachother and do not want to be with
eachother, major problems always arise. This has been proved time and time
in history.

I also feel that .xxx won't be a success also because of the surprisingly
high cost ($75 per domain) of the proposed .xxx domains. It will not help
parents to protect their children, if anything, it will give them a false
security. The majority of adult webmasters won't abandon their current .com
and ..net domains to move to .xxx - in fact .xxx domains will be mostly
registered by domain speculators and by companies wanting to protect their
trademarks.

I understand the meaning of it and in theory may have a slim chance of
working but in reality it will suffer and not be liked. There are plently
less drastic, but more effective ways of dealing with the problems that the
world face and that raising pornography domains to new level  will be
insuffeciant, ineffective and a shambles.

Overall, .xxx won't accomplish anything and it's in my opinion a bad
proposal, with no support from me and I think I can fairly say, with no
support at all from the vast majority of adult webmasters.

Thankyou for your time, and I hope you look at both sides of the arguments
fairly and this proposal gets the proper time spent on it it deserves.

Yours Scott Dulne.