ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

[alac] In Defense Of Face To Face

  • To: <Alac@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [alac] In Defense Of Face To Face
  • From: "Pierre Dandjinou" <dandjinou.pierre@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 16:41:05 -0400

I was wondering whether anyone read this; so Esther, are we going to have
more and more face to face meetings??

Pierre

[4] In Defense Of Face To Face
How can an individual be effective? It's definitely not through online
discussions, which has been suggested as a possible way to get the public
more involved in ICANN, as well as in other issues. As useful as those
discussions can be for the participants, they rarely seem to lead to
consensus for anything beyond very small, cohesive groups. I have never
seen anyone in an online discussion say: "Oh, your trenchant comment has
changed my mind."...

By Esther Dyson
http://www.circleid.com/articles/2587.asp